The Haunted House

Monday, October 20, 2008

Theramin Fun


A colleague of mine and fellow musician, Jake, of the band Izzy The Push was good enough to lend me his portable Theramin for a week or two between gigs so I could have a go at recording it. I do not know why they call them Theramins. I think portable sine wave emitting hell beast would be a better name.

After a few minutes of tinkering with this thing I can honestly say, Theramins rock!!!! Even Amanda had a go and she looked like she was enjoying herself trying to replicate R2D2 :-) I have recorded about 10 minutes of weird noises so far and had a go with some additional processing.

For a laugh I have uploaded a simple warbling example. The first section is the raw Theramin straight into the computer with no processing. The next 2 examples use some gated modulation effects and a grain delay. You can download the mp3 here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home