The Haunted House

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Break


It's been a while since I last posted what I have been up too. The beginning of this year has been very busy for me. At work we have started 3 new computer games projects which are coming along really well. Unfortunately I can't talk about them yet, but they should be annouced at the E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) trade show in May. When these announcements are made I'll post links to details about the projects.

Apart from work I have also been busy writing my own pet project which I announced earlier on this blog. This leads us up to the Easter break.

On Friday night Neil and Caroline came around for dinner. I made a lamb creamy curry, chicken pathia and red chili potatoes. They seemed to like it :-) After dinner we drank lots of wine and then watched Batman Begins on DVD. I still think this is the best Batman film that has been made.

Yesterday Me and Amanda decided to go to Alton Towers for a bit of rollercoaster fun. It was a bit of a risk going as we was expecting it to be really really busy, but luckily it wasn't. We think everyone must have thought it would be busy so decided to stay away. Well that was good for us, because the longest we had to queue for a ride was 30 minutes which really isn't that bad.


One of my favorite rides, AIR

The main new ride at Alton Towers this year is the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride. I initially wanted to go on this ride because it was new, but when we saw the queue we decided against it as we would have been waiting 2 hours. Amanda's auntie was also at Alton Towers and she queued with her son for the ride. And to quote her reaction to the ride after waiting hours , "It was utter shit, and the monorail from the carpark to the park was more fun." So I am certainly glad we didn't bother. Now, I know it is a children's ride, but waiting hours for a fancy love boat style ride doesn't seem worth it.

We managed to get on lots of rides though, we headed straight for the forbidden valley and went on Air, Nemesis, and the Runaway Mine Train, then went to go on Spinball Wizzer. From there we went to Ug land and went on Rita and the Corkscrew. Then we went to the X Sector and went on Oblivion. We then had lunch and met up with Amandas Aunt. From there we went on Air again, then went on Duel (the ghost ride) which Amanda was scared of :-). After that we did the water rides, so we went on the River Rapids twice and the the Log Flume, and as usual I got totally soaked.


A car about to drop on Oblivion.

We ended up staying at the park until closing time. Instead of getting stuck in the queues for the mono rail we all went and got a cup of coffee and a cake, waited for the queues to ease down and then went back to the car. By the time we got home we was totally knackered, having that much fun really takes it out of you.

Today we are going for lunch at the Strutt Arms in Milford and will then probably chill out this afternoon. I want to start watching the FireFly box set later, either that or we will watch King Kong as Amanda hasn't seen it yet. Tomorrow I am going out for a long country side walk with Neil and Caroline. I have not been on a walk for ages so am looking forward to it. I'll post any photos if I take any decent ones. I think we are going to Castleton, so that means walking up Mam Tor which is a really evil looking steep hill. My legs are aching at the thought of it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home