The Haunted House

Thursday, June 08, 2006

New Job Ahoy

The time since coming back from San Francisco has been quite bizzare. For a while I have been contemplating leaving the computer games industry. This is for a number of reason, one is that I have been in this industry 10 years, so I would like to try something different. The second reason is because the games industry really isn't that stable. Companies go out of business very quickly in this industry, and the amount of decent companies in the midlands is declining. Me and Amanda would like to start a family in the next few years, so job security is something that is high on the agenda.


I had an oportunity to go to an Interview with the online bank 'Egg' and I got the job :-). This interview came about quite quickly, I wasn't actually looking to leave my current job at Full Fat Productions in Coventry, but when the oportunity to interview at Egg came up, I couldn't refuse. I resigned from Full Fat a couple of days ago, this was quite a sad experience. Normally when you resign from a company, you are happy because there is something about the company you don't like, but in this case that is not true. Full Fat has been a great employer and they have a very talented team of people creating games. I wish I could say what the games are that we are working on, but they haven't been publically announced yet. But I can assure you that they are very good titles. I am due to start at Egg on the 10th of July as a C# Solutions Engineer. I am quite excited about this, but I am also very nervous as this basically is a complete career change for me. But hey, I like a fresh challenge :-) Wish me luck.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home