The Haunted House

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Angela and Johns Wedding.

This weekend we went up to Gateshead for Angela and Johns wedding. Both Me and Amanda had roles to play in the wedding. Amanda was one of the Bridesmaids, and I had volenteered to take the photos for the day.

I left work at 4pm on Friday and met Amanda in Derby and we drove straight up to the hotel. We got there about 8pm and checked into our rooms before going to dinner. We had a fairly early night as we had to be up at 6am to get ready and have breakfast before being picked up by Amanda's mum, Anne, to go to the hairdressers. Seeing as I was taking photos for the day, I also went to the hair dressors to get pictures of them getting ready.


All the bridesmaids and Angela's hair were done by about 9.30. After that we went to Angela's house so they could all put on their makeup and dresses. After hanging around with them all for a good 3 or 4 hours, I feel I know a little too much about makeup than I really should.


Angela and John were using their own cars to go to the church. They are both mad on cars and their cars are there pride and joy. One of the cars was parked in the back driveway covered up to protect from the rain.


At 12, Barry came around and picked me up and we headed off to the church, so I could get photos of Angela arriving. When at the church I started getting pictures of the guests and John waiting. Unfortunately it rained quite hard all through the day which made getting the photos harder.


Angela arrived at the church just after 1 and I was there to get pictures of here. It was still chucking it down, and I got soaked, but I got some good pictures.


I had all the groups photos planned out beforehand. I was supposed to do them outside the church near the side wall, but because it was raining so hard we couldn't really go out there. So I had to do the smaller groups in the church and the larger groups back at the hotel. Wedding photography is really stressfull, I certainly would never want to do it as a job. I was worried that doing some of the photos in the church wouldn't look that good with the flash, but luckily the photos came out very well. Phew!! :-)


When we got to the hotel, I went into the reception room with Angela and John to get pictures of them pretending to cut the cake. I thought It would be best to get these pictures early as when they go to cut the cake for real, there would be loads of people crowding around trying to take pictures. The cake was really cool. On top of it, there was 2 cars and a bride and groom made out of icing. I did say they were mad on their cars :-)


Before the meal I completed the rest of the larger group shots in the hotel. This went well, we kept people in the bar area, I and called out the people needed for each photo as and when they were needed. This stopped over crowding.


Angela and John wanted some photos of them infront of their cars. We couldn't do them earlier on in the day because it was raining too hard, but after the reception meal, the rain stopped for a bit, so we rushed outside to get the cars moved into position. I got loads of photos here, a sample of which you can see above.

After these photos had been done we went back into the reception to hear the speeches. Once these were done we had some free time to chill out before the evening reception. I took this time to go back to the room and backup all the photos taken so far on my laptop. I stored them on 2 different hard drives, and burnt 2 dvd's for saftey. Probably a bit over cautios, but I had to erase the memory card for the evening, so wanted to be safe.



The evening party started about 7.30. There was a disco in the main hall, and by the bar there was a chocolate fountain with lots of sweets and fruit you could dip into the chocolate. This thing was brilliant. Pure belgium chocolate. I liked this with the strawberries and turkish delight.


For their wedding present Me and Amanda are putting together a nice wedding album of photos from the day. In total we took nearly 800 pictures, and we now need to go through the pictures and decide which ones are to go in the album. This will probaly be fairly time consuming, but will look great when done. I have included a few sneak peeks in this article.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • loved looking at the write up and photos-well done!! cant wait to see the rest. The whole day was fantastic (except the rain) angela looked beautiful john was very handsome and the bridesmaids and page boy best man and usher were fabulous

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home