The Haunted House

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dirty Dancing On Stage

After visiting the science museum and checking in at our hotel we headed off on the tube to Holborn to find where the theatre was. Once there we quickly nipped in to pick up our tickets and then headed off to find somewhere for dinner. We didn't have any fixed diner plans, so we went on the hunt.

After a while we found a Pizza Express, so we went in there. This is probably our favourite pizza chain, we have never had a bad meal at a pizza express. Once we had finished we headed off back to the Aldwych theater for the show.



We had really good seats. We were in the stalls about a third of the way back from the front, so the view was excellent. I wasn't quite sure what the show would be like as I'm not a huge fan of the film, but I must say, the performance was excellent, and Amanda absolutely loved it. I really do like going to musicals, they are really good fun. I find normal plays a bit boring, but these are very lively. The only other big theatre musical I have been too was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang a few years ago, and that was excellent also.



Amanda was in her element. She is a HUGE fan of the film and has been since she was a kid. I must say the dancers in the show pulled off some amazing moves. They must be really fit to do that every day.



The whole show was about 2.5 hours in length and we were knackered afterwards to headed back to the hotel. This morning we had a lie in at the hotel and then headed back to my parents house. There was no point going to the shops as they were probably closed due to it being Easter Sunday.

When we got to my parents, my Dad cooked Sunday lunch and we headed back about 5ish. All in all a really good weekend..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home