The Haunted House

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Family Wedding

Last weekend we took a break out of our busy house re-decorating schedule to go down to my parents in Essex for a family wedding. My uncle Trevor and Aunt Gill were celebrating there 25th wedding anniversary, so they decided to renew their wedding vows.


I got the train down Friday night as Amanda had to drive from Wales. On Saturday I had to go out to get some new trousers and a shirt, as I have lost so much weight this year that my old suit doesn't fit anymore. In fact you could probably fit both Me and Amanda in it :-)



The wedding started at 4.30 so we drove to Basildon in plenty of time with my Dad. After the churchy bit we went back to there house for a piss up. They made a very strong punch which seemed to be never ending. I think it was 4 parts alcohol and 6 parts rocket fuel. Well good it was. I had a bit of a sore head the next day.



The next day Me and Amanda had to drive back to Derby so we could carry on decorating the house. I have had the past couple of days off work to concentrate on it. Over the past week we have repainted the small bedroom (my office), both hall ways, the bathroom, and down stairs toilet. This includes walls, skirting boards, stairs and ceilings. Today we had a professional carpet cleaner come around to do all the carpets. We are nearly done, just some small jobs left now. The kitchen floor is hopefully being replaced next week too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home