The Haunted House

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Walk Along Derwent Edge

This week our friends Sharon and Mark came down to visit. They liked the idea of going for a walk to we picked a walk that wasn't too difficult yet was very scenic. Derwent Edge fitted the bill for this. This is the 3rd time Me and Amanda have done this route now, so we didn't need to refer to the book, even though we took it with us.



We set off from the house just after 8 and drove to the start of the walk. The weather today was forecast as being sunny. But it turned out even hotter than we thought. It was a good job we put sun cream on first although Sharon still got very burnt.



The total walk from the car and back again it around 8.5 miles, so it was good for clearing out the cobwebs from the previous week in the office, and the drinks from the night before :-)



Being the clumsy prat that I am, I slipped on a stone half way around the walk and sprained my ankle. Luckily I was wearing decent boots and had a walking pole which took most of the weight. I could still walk and finish the route, but after I took my boots off later, my ankle started to swell up. It's not as bad today, but I don't think I will be going kick boxing tomorrow. Ho Hum.



We got back to the car around 2.30 and had an ice cream, which was well deserved. We then drove to the outlet shopping centre at Rowsley for a look around. Whilst there, we saw a falconry charity showing off some birds of prey. They were collecting money for their charity and in return you could hold the owl. More on this in the next post though :-)



By the time we got home we are all starving hungry, so instead of cooking we went to Georges fish and chip shop for a take away. They make great fish and chips. It's worth moving to Belper just for these.

After dinner we settled down with a load of drinks and watched a couple of films. The first was called 'Just like Heaven'. This was definitely a girly film. After this we watched 'Next'. This film was more for mine and Marks benefit, although Sharon and Amanda enjoyed it :-)



I am still knackered to day and my ankle is hurting but at least the swelling has gone down. Not really going to do much today except be lazy. Although to be fair, that is normally what I get up to on a Sunday.


Hopefully my ankle will be better by next weekend. If so I will probs go for a short walk with Amanda if the weather is nice!!! It is normally nice during the week wen at work and then crap at the weekend. This weekend has certainly bucked that trend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home