The Haunted House

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Film Trailer Licensing.


Over the past few weeks I have been talking to an independent film distributor called Metrodome Distribution. They got in touch with me because they were interested in licensing a section of one of my tracks. The track in question was Hive off the Nightmares and Dreamscapes EP. They want to use part of the track in the UK version of the trailer for the Korean film 'The Chaser'. You can see the original Korean trailer here. I havn't seen the trailer with my track in yet, but their marketting guy said he would send it to me when it is completed.


The great thing is I didn't even have to do anything to get paid. I offered to edit the track for them, but they said they would do it, we just had to agree a price, which we did and the cheque turned up today. Exciting stuff. After discussions with them, there could be a chance of doing some more bespoke music work for other trailers. We'll have to see what happens.

By the way, this film is currently being remade for a western audience, staring Leonardo DiCaprio.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home